Industry News Desk
HP Supports Microsoft Virtualization
HP Announced New Additions To its Recently Updated Portfolio - Driving More Business Value Into Microsoft Virtualization
Sep. 9, 2008 04:45 PM
HP ProLiant is also management-enabled for Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008. HP will be including Performance and Resource Optimization (PRO) features in its ProLiant management pack to help customers manage their Microsoft virtual environments running on HP servers. HP StorageWorks and HP Thin Client products will provide comprehensive support for Microsoft virtualization technologies. This offers a unique opportunity for customers to work with a single vendor to purchase and deploy a comprehensive virtualization solution.
New virtualization services and education offerings
As the largest integrator of Microsoft technologies in the world, HP has the ability to integrate and support these technologies in heterogeneous environments, helping customers address strategic or large-scale virtualization deployments and management to deliver better business outcomes.
Increased management support for heterogeneous environments
- The new HP Microsoft Virtualization Infrastructure Service offerings guide customers through a transformation of their server infrastructure, including virtualization strategy, consolidation, virtual machine management and security. Applying HP data center and system integration best practices results in a more reliable and manageable infrastructure with lower, more predictable costs. In addition, HP support services help customers increase stability in ongoing operations.
- The HP Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Service provides customers with an understanding of HP VDI, which includes Citrix XenDesktop along with Microsoft optimized desktop technologies such as Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V, System Center Virtual Machine Manager, Microsoft Application Virtualization, Windows Server 2008 Terminal Services and Windows Vista. This service enables customers to build a reliable desktop infrastructure that reduces total cost of ownership, increases security, simplifies technology management and readily adapts to new business requirements with improved flexibility.
- New customized training and education offerings include classroom training, live online training, self-paced e-learning and a variety of informal learning options. These services enable businesses to stay up to date while minimizing the time away from core business activities. HP is a worldwide Microsoft Gold Certified Partner for learning solutions.
HP is furthering its support for heterogeneous management of virtualized environments and seamless management of physical and virtual environments. HP software extends management of systems virtualized via Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V environments with offerings in the HP Business Technology Optimization (BTO) software portfolio.
- HP IT Service Management software provides discovery of Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V and can be used to identify, manage and track the entire virtual asset life cycle, allowing customers to drive business value by paying for only the licenses they need.
- HP Business Service Automation, including HP Server Automation software(formerly Opsware Server Automation System), will fully enable automation of change and configuration management processes across virtual and physical environments for Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V environments, and will integrate with System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 for managing the advanced platform capabilities, while decreasing downtime associated with uncontrolled change.