Blog-City.com Founder Alan Williamson to Present at SYS-CON's Cloud Computing Expo
Walking Freely Among the Clouds - Nov. 19-21, in San Jose, CA
Jan. 30, 2009 02:00 PM
As a solution provider it is vitally important you don't get locked into a specific vendor’s solution. This couldn't be truer in the world of on-demand or cloud computing. The way Amazon works is vastly different from Google, and different from Flexiscale. So how do you utilize the strengths of them all without compromising your own requirements?
This session will take a look at a real world application, which spans across a number of different cloud hosts, providing redundancy, self-healing and self-scaling solutions without the fear of dancing to one vendors tune.
Williamson joins a star-studded lineup covering the hottest IT topic for years, with IBM, Microsoft, Google, Yahoo, Intel, HP and Amazon all offering, using or developing high-end computing services typically described as “cloud computing” - through which massively scalable IT-related capabilities are provided as a service using Internet technologies.
Forrester Research analyst James Staten calls cloud computing "classic disruptive innovation - where the mainstream dismisses the product and small companies have time to create a real differentiated value." But there are so many offerings just now that what infrastructure architects are looking for above all is a set of organizing principles they can use to guide them in choosing between them all.
Such principles. and a host of associated topics, will be addressed in San Jose by:
- Dr Werner Vogels - VP & CTO, Amazon.com (Cloud Keynote)
- Reuven Cohen - Founder & Chief Technologist, Enomaly
- Mike Eaton - CEO, Cloudworks
- Jonathan Bryce - Founder at Mosso (Rackspace)
- Nati Shalom - CTO, GigaSpaces
- Don MacAskill - CEO & Chief Geek, SmugMug
- Mike Feinberg - Senior Vice President, Cloud Infrastructure Group, EMC
- Billy Marshall - Founder & CEO, rPath
- Dr Thorsten von Eicken - CTO & Founder, RightScale
- Songnian Zhou - Co-Founder & CEO, Platform Computing
- David Young - CEO, Joyent
- Patrick Harr, CEO - Nirvanix
- Dave Durkee - CEO, ENKI
- Peter Nickolov - Chief Software Architect, 3Tera
- John Janakiraman - CTO, Skytap
- Stuart Charlton - Chief Software Architect, Elastra
- Lars Leckie, Principal, Hummer Winblad Venture Partners
- Dr Rich Wolski - Professor, U.C. Santa Barbara
- Javier Soltero - Co-Founder & CEO of Hyperic
- Omer Trajman - Director of Field Engineering, Vertica Systems
- Rachel Chalmers - Senior Analyst, Enterprise Software, The 451 Group
The sessions are all listed here.
Sponsor Virtualization Conference & Expo
Register Now and Save!
Submit Your Speaking Proposal