From the Wires
ServiceMax Titanium Delivers Field Service Management Integrated With Salesforce Service Cloud 2 to SMBs
ServiceMax Titanium Extends Salesforce Service Cloud 2 to Give Companies With Fewer Than 100 Field Technicians a Revolutionary New Way of Automating Their Field Service Organizations
Sep. 21, 2010 08:00 AM
SANTA CLARA, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 09/21/10 -- ServiceMax today announced ServiceMax Titanium, providing small manufacturers and service-based businesses a revolutionary new way of automating their field service organizations. The new service brings together a pre-configured version of ServiceMax and Salesforce Service Cloud 2, to create ServiceMax Titanium. Built natively on the Force.com cloud computing platform, ServiceMax Titanium delivers industry-leading CRM features with best-in-class field service capabilities and industry best practices to help companies rethink field service. Learn more during a 30-minute Titanium webinar on October 5 at 8 a.m. PDT.
Comments on the news
- "For the past two decades our industry has neglected the needs of small service organizations. Field service teams, the backbone of their organizations, frequently still use spreadsheets and whiteboards to run their field service operations," said Dave Yarnold, CEO of ServiceMax. "We are proud to team with salesforce.com to deliver a streamlined, yet complete field service solution to companies with less than 100 users. Titanium -- the most complete field service solution available today -- is easy to use, inexpensive to implement, loaded with industry best practices, and built on the world's most powerful cloud platform, Force.com."
- "Today's customers aren't waiting to get their solutions in the mail, they are on Cloud 2 -- they're mobile, using social networks to collaborate and demanding real-time answers," said Kendall Collins at salesforce.com. "With ServiceMax Titanium, Service Cloud 2 can now deliver success to small and mid-sized field service companies like never before."
- "Our research confirms that small and mid-sized service organizations are looking to grow revenue and increase productivity without sacrificing customer service and retention," said Sumair Dutta, Sr. Research Analyst, Service Management, Aberdeen Group. "The availability of enterprise-class field service management capabilities in a low cost cloud computing model, delivered by solutions such as ServiceMax Titanium, will provide SMBs the opportunity to meet and exceed their service initiatives."
ServiceMax Titanium brings the innovations of Force.com, salesforce.com's enterprise cloud computing platform, to post-sales field service, making the solution cost-efficient, easy to use, and deployable in days, not weeks. Because Titanium is delivered through the cloud, businesses no longer have to rely on clunky, outdated legacy software systems. Instead, they can focus on customer relationships and immediate customer needs, not on software maintenance or piles of work orders.
Titanium includes all the tools small service organizations require to reinvent field service from one vendor, including:
- Installed Base and Entitlements
Full entitlement tracking on all equipment under warranty or service contracts. Real-time, complete access to all relevant customer and contractual information that allows companies to ensure they meet each individual customer's needs while maximizing service revenues.
- Advanced Scheduling and Workforce Optimization
Interactive, automatic and/or cost optimal assignment of work-orders to technicians. Optimize the schedules of any number of technicians with a click of a button and without any additional IT resource investment.
- Work-order Management and Issue Tracking
Create work orders and assign technicians to close issues quickly. Easy-to-use tools make it simple to manage field technicians and automate the creation, assignment, execution and closure of cases and work-orders.
- Inventory and Parts Logistics
Complete logistics and reverse logistics for organizations whose field operations include parts movement functions and depot repair activities. Manage infinite locations of spare parts inventories, including van stock and inventory depots.
- Salesforce Chatter
Real-time, secure communication and collaboration across the organization -- from field service to engineering to sales to execs. Illuminate service issues immediately via Salesforce Chatter, before the customer even knows there is a problem.
- Reports and Dashboards
Create reports and dashboards to give service staff the business intelligence they need to run a profitable and competitive service operation to easily see profits, losses, service levels, and much more.
- Mobile and Offline Solutions
Titanium Mobile brings the real-time collaboration of Cloud 2 to field technicians on the go, providing easy access across many mobile platforms, including BlackBerry, iPhone and Windows Mobile.
- Customer Portal
The customer portal offers self-service capabilities to customers so they can directly interact with a business for their field service needs by creating, tracking and managing their own work-orders.
- Force.com Platform
Titanium is built and delivered on the robust and trusted Force.com enterprise cloud computing platform. It includes the unparalleled scalability and speed that thousands of small, medium, and large companies have come to rely upon.
ServiceMax delivers the future of field service, today. The first and only complete suite of cloud-based, collaborative and mobile field service applications, ServiceMax gives companies unprecedented capabilities in field service management to optimize operations and delight customers. Companies use the ServiceMax suite to handle everything from contract entitlements to scheduling & workforce optimization, to inventory & parts logistics and real-time customer and partner portal access. ServiceMax is built and delivered as a native Force.com cloud application so customers are up and running quickly with a low cost subscription model that is completely integrated with their salesforce.com CRM. Customers include large enterprises such as DuPont, Electrolux, and Pentair, and smaller companies such as Everyday Wireless and Advanta Clean. ServiceMax is headquartered in Santa Clara, California. www.servicemax.com.
About the Force.com Platform and AppExchange 2
Force.com is the only proven enterprise platform for building and running business applications in the cloud. The Force.com platform powers the Salesforce CRM (http://www.salesforce.com/) applications, more than 800 ISV partner applications like those from CA Technologies, FinancialForce.com and Fujitsu, and 170,000 custom applications used by salesforce.com's 82,400 customers such as Japan Post, Kaiser Permanente, KONE and Sprint Nextel. Force.com also enables developers to make any enterprise app social by leveraging the social collaboration components including profiles, status updates, and real-time feeds available with Chatter.
Applications built on the Force.com platform can be easily distributed to the entire cloud computing community through the salesforce.com AppExchange 2 marketplace http://www.salesforce.com/appexchange/, now featuring the ChatterExchange.
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine